1. When purchasing items in a store never put in your pin # on your debit card. Instead use it like a credit card. There is now a phone application that lets the person standing behind you in line pick up your pin #. When signing with an electronic signature in the store always add the date.
2. Never list your Social Security number.
3. Destroy all statements and solicitations.
4. Never mail payments from home. When you put up that Red flag on your mail box, it’s a big Red flag to identity thieves.
5. Make sure to monitor your credit report annually at:
www.annualcreditreport.com You can actually monitor it more than once a year by working with your spouse and ordering an individual report each.
Bottom line is, please be careful.